I kept meaning to post about our trip to the zoo (besides showing off our Schneeziege), but I never found the time. Long story short, Wilhelma is a zoo and botanical gardens, laid out in a palace. Pretty awesome.
Here are some of the more interesting points. The gallery of our adventures is below.
- Peacocks roam free. You may see three peacocks running around with no supervision. We first ran into one walking around on the top of a brick wall.
- The tigers seem sad.
- Flamingos are amazing. How do they balance like that?! Also, their wings are black on the bottom. I bet there’s a reason, but I’m too lazy to look it up.
- Polar bears (Eisbär) are awesome. They walk around a lot, and are gigantic. If thrown into their cages, we would not survive.
- Cows want to french-kiss.
- Petting zoos are not just for kids
- Goats bleat really, really loudly.